Alpha Barbie

My photo
Simple like Quantum Physics Alpha Barbie My father's daughter

Thursday 14 December 2017

My Utopia



In my short years of reading and socializing, I have come to a conclusion that we have watered down the whole idea of relationships & Marriage. We are ready to go in when its all bloomy and out when gloomy. 

 Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord.  For the husband is the head of the wife. The most criticised verse in the generation I live in. Why should I submit to a man?... yet we all work the same number of hour and maybe I event do more extra hours (do not forget it’s also the generation of woman empowerment) … after a 12 hour shift of being trolled at work, you want me to come and make a warm shower for you(thank goodness for hot showers), cook for you ( hello Java) and still back it up for you for some minutes before you sleep off leaving me pleasure-poverty-striken? How more selfish can men be!!

 Husbands, love your wives, Joseph (father of Jesus) Knows they will (not all) cheat at the end of the day… so this word love is somewhat non-committal and neither can one be nonchalant about it… 
I come from a very old school set up and thus the latter also describes my mind-set. From a perfect none perfect family of father mother and Me (yes I am daddy’s girls and a Mummy’s boy all at the same time). Education and emancipation from mental slavery are the highest form of freedom I have been taught and therefore learnt from the two icons. 

However the greatest lesson I have learnt from living with them … how to be a good wife. I am in my early 30’s as my friend told me on my birthday as I turned 26 (on 5th December I accepts all forms of gifts).  
 “For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.” I have seen this in practice … and in my opinion the two parties must be willing…
oooh my how we under-power Submission!!! Submission is not a form of slavery… neither is it a tool that makes you weak… you gain more power for submitting to your husband as opposed to trying to be on the same level. 

There is nothing that your man will not do for you when you let him lead the way… Honestly he will not be the one to lead at the end of the day… he will always come back and ask you for your opinion so you will have your way without chaos and plates flying…

He will give himself up for you… “to make her holy, cleansing[a] her by the washing with water through the word,  and to present you to himself , without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless.” Always cherishing you to his friends and wanting to come home to you early… the men will stay away because the Boyz are always ahoooohiiing at the slightest (thoughts of it being amazing are low) thing they do or say…

I believe not in woman empowerment… we are already powered creatures…  we need not be top in society to feel the empowerment … we are in control… and if we dare submit… oooh my … there is nothing we will not get at our feet… make him the dinner and warm for him if he comes home late… let him have his time with the Boyz tag along once in a while when invited… do not insist on going with him. I for one will be bored… and neither will I be beaming when he tags along when am with my friends. Not even once!!!! 

Trust the guy… that he will go to Tomorrow Africa look at them Slay queens asses but take you tomorrow for shoe shopping because he noticed their asses looked better because their backs are a bit arched. Aint no body got time for insecurities and passwords on the phone… 

Do dear future… (my mother has given up on me getting you) but come prepared… 

I know I live in Utopia … but the shooting stars still exists.  


Mwongeli. M 

No comments:

Post a Comment